Tiny Projects Inspired by WordPress
Here are several small, but open-source projects, motivated by using and deploying WordPress:
- servermattic — install files and applications to many servers according to their role. See the README for details.
- mod_auth_mysql — modified version of the mod_auth_mysql Apache extension, which supports portable php password hashing.
- nginx_auth_mysql — nginx module for basic authentication versus a MySQL database. Supports md5 and phpass hashed passwords.
- loggedin_feed_fetch — script to login to WordPress.com and fetch feeds. Useful for fetching authenticated feeds (private blogs) for which there is no other method.
- jobs (Docs) — A fast, distributed, horizontally scalable system built upon linux, php5.2, and mysql 5.1 wherein work can be stored in a database, and processed outside the flow of script execution. Examples of common things that are part of script execution but not necessary to the rendering of the response to the user might be spam scanning, statistical analysis, email notification sending, processing input data, etc. Also included is an equally distributed cron mechanism to remove single servers as a point of failure for scheduled jobs.
- wordpresscom-video-server — Entire video package including transcoder, admin interface, server and player, as a WPMU plugin. Discussions and feedback: http://wpvideo.wordpress.com/
- imagelibs — Libraries for reading metadata (more low level metadata than exif or iptc) from various image formats
- wpshell — command line shell suitable for any php project, includes code indexing, searching, and displaying builtin
- mediawiki-wpauth - Authentication plugin for MediaWiki? to use a WordPress? or bbPress user database
- photon - Magically resize and transform images
- glockd - Network resource presence based locking daemon
Getting the source
For all projects: svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/servermattic/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/mod_auth_mysql/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/nginx_auth_mysql/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/wildcache/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/loggedin_feed_fetch/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/jobs/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/stats-osmf/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/wordpresscom-video-server/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/imagelibs/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/wpshell/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/mediawiki-wpauth/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/photon/
svn co http://code.svn.wordpress.org/glockd/